Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Reading Relfection #5


Book: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
Pages read: 195 - 277


This week’s reflection said that we could mention how our reading classes were going. Since I'm way behind I have been trying to read as much as I can at home. I was obviously not productive during the year, but I’m catching up now. So far I am really enjoying this book, as everyone has said it’s amazing. Last night I stayed up until 1 just reading in bed because I couldn’t put it down! It’s almost like it pulls you into another world and you just forget about everything else. Every chapter in this book ends with some kind twist that forces you to keep reading. There’s never a point where it’s easy to put it down, but I was exhausted, could barely open my eyes so I had to. I’m now nearing the end of the book and I still haven’t found out who wins The Games! I’m so anxious to find out, and now that they’ve added a new “rule” to The Games it makes it a thousand times more suspenseful. I can’t wait any longer to see how this turns out. My prediction is still that Katniss will win, not only because she is intelligent and more than capable of living under these conditions, but also because how would they have a second and third book when the main characters are all dead? Anyways I need to continue reading and I will be updating my last thoughts when I finish the book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment