Monday, June 11, 2012

Reading Reflection #4

Book: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
Pages read: 133 - 194


The Games is a hard part of the book to relate to, obviously because I have never been in any kind of situation like that. This is the part I’ve been waiting for. All the build up and anticipation for The Games is over because they have now begun. About half of the tributes have already died, but Katniss is still hanging in there. She is such a smart girl, and luckily knows how to survive in the woods. I still predict she will make it to the end considering all of the skills and knowledge she carries, but what I am confused about is Peeta! I don’t understand what he is doing and why he’s grouped together with other tributes in order to find Katniss. I know if I was put in any situation similar to this I would be gone in a second. I’ve never had to fight to stay alive, never had a shortage or food or water or any resources for that matter and I guess it makes you realize how lucky we actually are to have everything at our fingertips. Katniss is covered in burns and blisters from the fireballs and she has welts on her body the size of oranges, which are wasp stings from the nest she exploded, so now I’m starting to think that this “big” bruise I have on my elbow isn’t so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment