Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Reading Reflection #6

Book: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
Pages read: 278 - 374 (the end!)


I have finally come to the end of The Hunger Games! And for once I'm happy with the ending. I feel like stories (books and movies) never end how you want; leaving you angry, but this ending was just as I thought. Closer to ending there was so much emotion, and such a strong connection between characters. I’m still unsure whether it was real or fake, but maybe I’ll find out in the next book how it all plays out?
The victor as they call it, is obviously very proud of winning, but imagining their life after something so dreadful is really scary. Having all those memories being in the arena, fighting these kids, and literally running for their life must be hard to deal with. It’s like war. The memories, flashbacks, pain they have to live with now would be haunting. After being gone that long, I bet the best feeling in the world would be running back to see your family, your home. The longest I’ve ever been away from home was one month when I went to Europe last summer and I have never been so grateful of my home and bed as I was the day I walked in the door after that trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment