Sunday, May 6, 2012

Writing Reflection #8


For me I found the Blackout Poetry was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. When we first learned about the assignment I was so excited to get started, I thought it was such a cool idea. But then when I picked out my article and started scanning through it looking for key words I realized it was way harder than I expected. I thought something would just jump out at me, but that was not the case at all. Austin Kleon makes it look so easy! But when there's such a big story it's hard to pick out just a few words that make sense together, and on top of that making three poems that all follow the same theme. Before actually finding the poem within the article I wanted to use choosing the words to blackout was a challenge because I was worried I would blackout words I going to end up needing. I think the idea of Blackout poetry and the way Austin Kleon describes it is really interesting but he makes it out to be a lot easier than it actually is. I think it was a really neat assignment and a good way to present “creative writing” and the overall look of this assignment, which is the posters, looks great when finished, but it's the getting there that's the hard part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment