Sunday, May 13, 2012

Reading Reflection #1


I’ve wanted to read The Hunger Games for a while now mostly because everyone talks about how amazing it is, so I decided to start it this weekend. I’m only into the 4th chapter, but so far I love it! It’s hard to relate to a book about situations so different from the lives we live, but it’s interesting to compare. Katniss mentions that Panem, the country they live in was once North America. I can’t imagine the country we are in now turning into a place so horrible, but thousands of years from now who knows what is possible? I have never once had to hunt for food, it is never my job to “keep the family alive” and I can guarantee I will never fight to the death on National television, but those are things that Katniss has to deal with everyday and for someone so young she does a fantastic job. Prim her younger sister was chosen to enter the Hunger Games, but Katniss volunteers to take her place and compete for her. She is sent on a train to leave home for weeks possibly to never return again. Could you imagine being sent away, having barely any warning with the chance of never seeing your family again? I know I couldn’t. I can’t wait to keep reading, I just hope the odds are in her favour! 

No comments:

Post a Comment